Stories

In spring 2012 the Association for Public Art reimagined a historic event when thousands danced the tango around Logan Circle the day “Swann Memorial Fountain” first opened to the public on July 24, 1924. This impressive dance gathering on the Parkway was in fact one of the many weekly “Parkway dances” that took place during the summers of the 1920s—a Philadelphia pastime of a bygone era.